How to Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error in Google Chrome: There are a lot of users who have been using Google Chrome and seeing this Err_Cache_Miss error at times when they are visiting random websites. These errors are occurring at times which suddenly shuts down the Google Chrome browser. If you are also facing the same issue, then you are in the right place. Here we will be talking about the ways with which you will be able to fix this error by following a few simple steps. All the steps for fixing the error is included in this article below.
How to Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error in Google Chrome
Why does the Err_Cache_Miss Error occur?
Right now the most common error in Google Chrome browser is the Err_Cache_Miss Error. The first thing we need to know before fixing the error is why does this error occur in the Google Chrome browser. There are a number of reasons why this error might have occurred. The errors are listed below.
- This error is very much common if your Google Chrome browser is unable to read the cache of your computer or laptop.
- At times you just need to confirm your browser from the resubmission tab on the back button due to any kind of security issue of the browser.
- This error might also be caused if there is a corrupted extension installed in your Google Chrome browser. The extension is the reason for causing the error.
- This error might also occur because of any kind of browser configuration which is stopping the browser to access any kind of cache file.
The error of Err_Cache_Miss error can occur in your browser in the following scenarios:
- This error is very common when you will be visiting any kind of website through your Google Chrome browser.
- This error is also common when users will be trying to access any kind of developer tools in the Google Chrome browser.
- This error also occurs when users will be trying to play their favourite game in the Google Chrome browser.
In all the scenarios given above fixing the Err_Cache_Miss Error is possible. It is very much easy to solve the issue even if you do not have a clear idea about the Google Chrome browser. You will not require any kind of knowledge in coding to solve this issue. All users need to do is follow the steps given below and you will be able to solve all the problems related to your browser.
How will you Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error?
The reason why most of the time this error occurs is due to corrupted data in the browser. If the browser of the user is filled with data which are corrupted, then this error is very common. There is a very easy solution to fix the error which occurs because of the corrupted data. All you need to do to red rid of this error is simply go to the browser history of your Google Chrome and simply clear the browsing data. To clear the browsing data users, need to follow the steps given below.
- Users need to open their Google Chrome browser so that they are able to access the Control menu. Control menu is basically the three vertical dots which is there in the right-hand top corner of the Google Chrome browser.
- The next step is to go click in more options from the pop-up bar of Control Menu.
- Then users will be able to see the Clear browsing data option.
- From there users need to select the option of clearing browser data from the beginning of time.
- Click on the clear browser data and users will be good to go.
This process will help your browser to get rid of all the corrupt files and date and users will not be facing this problem anymore. Even after completing this whole process if you are still facing this issue then all you need to do is go to the next step to Fix Err_Cache_Miss Error.
The problem caused by a browser extension
Another big reason why people face the error of cache miss is when they have any file in their Google Chrome extension. Generally, when users install Google Chrome it comes with four preloaded extensions. At times this extension files get corrupt and users have to uninstall the application themselves for fixing the problem. Here we have listed down the steps that the user needs to follow to fix the problem of cache error in the Google Chrome browser.
- The first thing that the user needs to do is simply go to the top right hand of the Google Chrome browser and access the Control menu from there which is the three vertical dots.
- Then simply click on the More tools option and look for the extension option.
- Once users are able to see this option they will be able to view all the extensions which are installed in their browser.
- Users need to simply disable all the extensions
- Now users need to browse the web
- If the error is not occurring again then you are good if the error occurs again then users need to follow the steps.
- Users need to enable the first extension and check if the extension is causing the error
- Follow the steps until the extension guilty for the problem is figured out.
- Once the extension is figured out users need to simply uninstall the extension.
If after following all the steps the error is still, there then it is understood that the error is not caused by the extension, therefore, users need to move on to the next procedure to fix the problem.
The next issue could be because of the faulty browser configuration. The browser configuration needs to be changed to make the browser work without any kind of error. To fix the configuration problem users need to go through the steps given below:
- Users need to go to the right-hand top side of the screen and click on the three dots that are there in the browser.
- Users need to go to the settings option next.
- Users need to then click on the show advanced options which will be in the bottom of the settings option window
- Under the advanced settings option, users need to go to the reset settings button at the bottom.
- The Google Chrome browser will ask the user to confirm the action by simply displaying a dialogue box.
- Users need to simply click on the dialogue box written Reset.
Once all the settings have reset the error of err_cache will be fixed.
Users can also solve the issue of err_cache by simply disabling the cache in the Google Chrome. To disable the chrome users will have to follow the steps that are listed below:
- Users need to simply click on the three vertical dots which will be available in the top right-hand corner of the Google Chrome browser.
- Clicking on that option will expand more tools options.
- From the more options simply click on the Developer tools.
- After clicking users will be able to see all the developer tools on the right-hand side of the main browser window.
- Users need to press the F1 key from their keyboard.
- A screen will open up which has the option of changing developer settings.
- Enable the option where it is written ‘Disable cache’.
This will end up disabling the cache and Google Chrome will not have any kind of problem after that.
Users also have the option of resetting network settings in windows using all the steps that are given below:
- Simply press the Windows+R key and it will end up the opening. Dialogue box.
- Along with it open the Run application
- Type ‘cmd’ in run and press Enter
- This will end up an opening the command prompt. Once the command prompt appears users need to type out the following and press enter after each and every command:
netsh in tip set DNS
netsh Winsock reset
Users can always upgrade their account by following the steps that are listed below:
- Simply go to the three vertical dots in the browser which will be available in the top right-hand corner. Go to the help option from there where more options will be popping out.
- After the options pop out simply go the option of About Google Chrome.
- This will open up a new page in the Google Chrome. If your Google browser is not up to date you will be able to see the option of an update. Users need to simply click on the update option to keep their browsers up to date.
Right now the Err_cache_miss is one of the most common errors that are available in the Google Chrome browser. If you are facing this error, then you can simply fix the problem just by following the steps that are listed here. It will just take about 10 minutes to figure out the cause of the problem and fixing it so that users are able to enjoy uninterrupted browsing experience.