How to Install Kodi on PS4 and PS3: Remember those times when a device could do only one to a few tasks, and you had to use another device for another? Take, for example, the phone handsets that had the look of the Matrix movie. All you could do was making calls and text messages to someone. If you had to play games with visuals, you had to opt for a PC or any other game console. Most importantly the Gameboy was the far-fetched device and then came the bigger gaming consoles which were fun to play but required labour. However, when the PlayStation was introduced to the world, it changed the game, well both metaphorically and literally.
However, we still had to opt for different devices to play a game and another for other functions like making a call or viewing any digital media. Well, we all have Kodi to thank for, with the gaming consoles PS4 and PS3 supporting this media streaming application, things are way easier now.
Kodi is a boon to users all over the world who own a PS4 or a PS3 and wish to watch media on the console itself. It has all the good reasons to have achieved such a good reputation. For, Kodi is a free and open source media player software application. A user can stream digital media content from anywhere via this software application on any device. Kodi is supported in Android, Linux, and iOS.
How to Install Kodi on PS4 and PS3
In order to make things easier for you, we shall take you on a step by step process on how to install Kodi on your PS4 and your PS3.
Kodi on PS4
Here, we are going to provide you with a step by step guide on how to install Kodi on PS4. Please note that you cannot access Kodi on PS4 directly (It is the same with PS3). Don’t worry; we still have a way to access Kodi on your PS4 with an alternative. An application called Plex is a great alternative to Kodi PS4.
Steps to download Kodi on PS4:
- Switch ON your PlayStation console and launch the PlayStation official store
- Check out the Homepage and you will see Apps option on it
- Select the ‘Popular’ section, when it opens Scroll down and look for the Plex option
- Select the Plex option
- When it opens, click on Download and wait for it to Install
- When the installation is complete. Wait for it to open
- Next, click on Start
(You can also install Plex the same way via your Smart TV and the Video Tab on your Home Screen)
For accessing it, you will have to log in with your Plex account and if you do not have a Plex account, you can create one from www.plex.tv/sign-up/
- After you have the account, sign-in to your PS4 with the Plex account
- After the log-in, the application will provide a code and a link from your TV Screen
- Enter the link to your PS4 in the LINK option and you will then receive a message stating App Linked
- After the completion, click ‘Stay in Trial Mode’ and enjoy streaming.
Well, that is it for streaming media on your PS4 and your PS3. The same steps are needed for your PS3.