Windows 10 Start-up Folder Not Working – Fix it with Our Guide: This is basically a complete guide to solve the ‘Windows 10 Start-up folder not working’ problem. If you are facing the same kind of problem, make sure to check out this article. This article will help you to learn all the tricks that you can use to solve this problem of Windows 10. If you are using Windows 10 for your Personal Computer or Laptop, then this article is very much important for you. The most important thing to do right now is figuring out if this is the same error or not. If the error that you are facing is Windows 10 start button not working, then here are a few solutions to the problem.
- 1 Windows 10 Startup Folder Not Working – Fix it with Our Guide
- 1.1 What is the function of the Windows 10 Start-up folder?
- 1.2 List of Start-up folders in Windows 10 operating system:
- 1.3 Method 2: Using Shell Command
- 1.4 How can you access the Start-up folder for users who are already logged in?
- 1.5 How can users add new things to their Windows 10 startup folder while logged in?
- 1.6 Windows 10 Start-up Folder Not Working
- 1.7 Windows Startup Manager
- 1.8 Create manually a batch file
Windows 10 Startup Folder Not Working – Fix it with Our Guide
The burning question right now is that how can you solve the problem of Windows 10. There are a lot of people who are facing issues when they try to open a certain folder. This guide will also help users to solve that problem.
What is the function of the Windows 10 Start-up folder?
The first time when users were able to see this folder was with Windows 95. This folder generally contains all the program list that generally start up immediately after the computer is turned on.
The main function of the startup folder is to store and run all the shortcut programs in the Windows operating system. Users will be able to edit and modify this folder according to their needs.
List of Start-up folders in Windows 10 operating system:
All the Windows 10 users basically use two types of startup folder. The types of start-up folders are listed below.
- The first folder is basically at the system level which is applied to all types of users.
- The second folder is basically for the users and this folder is specific to a particular user.
If you have a program file in your start-up option, then your program will still start no matter what.
How Windows 10 prioritize programs?
It is very much important to have a clear idea about how exactly Windows 10 prioritize itself. The start-up folder does not launch after the boot program is done. Windows operating system generally gives this folder a predefined launch order.
- The first thing that Windows launch is the critical system process.
- The second thing that the Windows does is follow the system instructions.
- Finally, Windows checks out the start-up folder and launches the program files.
It takes very less amount of time for an operating system to launch the service and task that are there in the Windows start-up folder. If users have too many programs running in the folder then it might take more time to start the Windows Operating System.
What is the location of the Windows 10 Start-up folder?
There might be times when you need to find this folder so that you are able to make changes in the folder. To find the folder users should go to all users and follow all the step that are listed below.
Method 1: The Easy Way Out
- Open the File manager in your latest Windows Operating System
- Then Open the C drive and then go to All users then App Data Then Roaming then Microsoft than Windows then Start Menu Then Programs Then Start-up.
- Once users have accessed these folders you will be able to check out folders that generally start when you start your Windows Operating System.
Method 2: Using Shell Command
This is an alternative method and this is done by using shell command. Users will need to use Command Prompt to make this method work.
- The first thing that users need to do is simply open up the Windows Start button which is generally located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- You can also open up the Windows Start option by simply pressing the Windows key from your keyboard.
- There you will be able to find a search bar.
- Users need to simply type ‘Run’ in the search bar and press Enter.
- This will open up the Run dialogue box. In the Run dialogue box simply type “shell: common startup”
- Once you type this simply press enter and you will see the Start-up folder pop up in front of you.
How can you access the Start-up folder for users who are already logged in?
If you have already logged into your Computer or your Laptop, then you can simply access the Start-up folder by following the steps which are listed below.
- The first thing that users need to do is simply press the Windows Key in their keyboard and then presses R at the same time.
- Users can also click on the Start button which is located on their screen.
- In the start bar, users need to find the search option and type the command Run.
- Once the Run program is launched you can simply type “shell: startup”
- Users will now be able to see the Windows 10 startup folder in front of them.
How can users add new things to their Windows 10 startup folder while logged in?
Once users are able to access the folder of Start-up they will be able to make a lot of changes on what program they want to launch when the Windows is turned on. Here are the steps on how you can do it.
- Open the Startup folder by the steps listed above.
- Once the folder is open users will be able to delete any application which they don’t want to launch during start-up.
- If you want to add any program on your own all you need to do is simply drag the program shortcut in the folder.
- Once you drag it the shortcut will immediately create a folder in the start-up folder.
Windows 10 Start-up Folder Not Working
Generally, people using Windows 10 report two common errors. The errors are listed below.
- Windows 10 start-up button not working
- Windows 10 start-up folder not working
It is very much important to realize that all the errors and find out. There might be a different reason why this error occurs in the operating system.
If you want to fix the start button all you need to do is write all the details and then follow the steps. Here you will be able to find the solution to your startup problem.
Windows Startup Manager
This is one of the easiest ways to fix errors by simply finding out the error files that have stopped working in the folder.
Follow the instructions which are given below:
- The first thing that you need to do is simply open up the Task Manager by pressing CTRL, SHIFT, and ESC at the same point of time.
- The open the Task Manager from the Startup tab.
- In the next step, users need to select all the programs and then disable them all.
- In the next step, users need to start enabling each program and check if the error is still there. Check till the error occurs again.
- This will help you to figure out the file that is causing the error.
- Once you find the application simply uninstall the application and restart your Computer or laptop.
If you want that application, then reinstall the application again and you will be good to go.
Create manually a batch file
If you are unable to add programs in your Windows 10 startup folder then you can simply create a batch file and stop the problem.
Once you are able to successfully create a batch file you will be able to add programs easily. Here are the steps are given below on how you can easily create a batch file.
- Users need to create and also open a new text document in their Windows operating system.
- Then users need to simply copy the line which is given in the next step
- @echo off”C•Program Files\DAEMON Tools\DTLauncher.exe” exit
- Then users need to replace DAEMON Tools and simply add the path of the program to add it in the startup folder.
- Simply save the file
- After saving the file make sure to change the extension from .txt to .bat
- Simply close the document and find the batch file and double click it.
This is a problem a lot of people are facing right now who are using Windows 10. This problem is nothing major and users will be able to solve it simply by following the steps which are listed above. With help of this article, users will be able to add as well as delete all the programs which they do not want to start on the launching of Windows 10 every time. This guide will help users fix all the problems which are related to Windows 10 Startup and the folder not working error.