Before you get excited thinking that everyone is eligible for getting a free iPhone issued by the government, we’d recommend that you reel your expectations in. That isn’t happening by any chance. That said, it is true that government offers assistance programs, under which people can get their hands on brand-new or previously owned iPhones.
If you are sitting there confused and questioning the authenticity of this federal government-issued scheme, you aren’t the only one.
Most people who hear about this scheme are either confused or think that it isn’t true or a scam. That said, this article will walk you through all the factors that you need to know when it comes to the steps you need to follow to get a free government iPhone (if you are eligible).
What is the Catch behind the Program?
So, the government issues and gives out iPhones. What is the catch? What does the program entail?
The catch is that the program is only available to low-income families. It isn’t a universal program, where the government dishes out iPhones to anyone that applies for it.
Instead, it is only available for the families that are in desperate need of the same. Most of the iPhones that are given out under this program are brand new and they also come with the standard two-year service contract.
The only condition that’s required to qualify for the program is to ensure that the individual’s annual income is below the poverty line. That’s pretty much it. There is no need to qualify for a credit score or anything of that sort.
If you are eligible and would like to apply for the program, you’d have to visit the official website of any of the government-aided phone companies and see if the offer is available where you live.
What are the Application Criteria for the Program?
If you want to qualify for the program, certain eligibility criteria are a must follow. Some of these include:
- Should be a legal U.S citizen
- Should be 18+ years old
- Should have an active and current mailing address
- Should have a working phone number
- Should have a valid shipping address
- Should be able to pass the background check without any issues
- Should be comfortable participating in an online survey for the program
These are all the basic requirements that you have to follow through. If you are a low-income family and meet all the above requirements, you can go ahead and apply for the program to get your hands on the new government-issued iPhone.
Is the Government iPhone Scheme Limited to Veterans?
For those who aren’t aware, in some parts of the U.S., there are chances that the government iPhone scheme that you are applying for will only be limited to low-income households and veterans.
Some of the reasons include:
- It is quintessential for veterans and their families to have a mode of communication and that’s where an iPhone comes into play. It makes it easier for veterans to stay connected to their family and friends.
- Since some veterans don’t have the financial means to support their livelihood with the income they make, being able to afford an iPhone on top of that can be a challenge.
- Providing free iPhones to the veterans is also a sign of appreciation and respect shown by the government towards military professionals.
So, if you have been confused all this while thinking why the government-issued iPhone scheme is only limited to veterans, this should explain the main reasons why.
In Which States Is the Program Active?
The next question that irks most people’s minds is thinking the eligible list of states where you can apply for the free government iPhone program.
It is available in all 50 U.S States and you can avail of the iPhone through leading telecommunications brands, including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. Besides that, you can also contact the providers that are known for offering free government phones.
The best way to find the list of associated service providers, visit the National Lifeline Association’s official website.
How do I know if I qualify for the Free Government iPhone Program?
Next comes checking the eligibility. Do you qualify for the free government iPhone scheme? The answer to that is pretty simple.
Before you look things up or check your eligibility online, answer one question. Are you already on any kind of government aid scheme?
If yes, then you might most likely qualify for the free government iPhone program too. However, the list of iPhones that are given out, in that case, includes iPhone 6, free government iPhone 7, iPhone 8, or X. You can’t expect the government to hand out the latest iPhone model.
We’d recommend checking the list of the state assistance programs available in the state you live in and if you qualify for them, you should qualify for the free iPhone scheme too.
What Do you need to Do for the Free Government iPhone Program?
If you qualify for the free government iPhone program, there’s not much you’d have to do to claim it. The application process is generally online, which reduces a lot of the hassle that many often complain about.
You need to check out the relevant service provider’s website for the free iPhone program and then fill out the associated application form.
Once that’s out of the way, you’d have to wait until you are verified and approved. From there, you’d be given a chance to select from the list of models available. You can pick the one that best resonates with your usage.
Besides a free iPhone, the government program also offers eligible candidates access to free covers and accessories to make the most out of the user experience.
Knowing the Needs and Point of Initiation
If you want to get your hands on the free iPhone issued by the government, there are a few things that you have to sort out first:
- The first thing is that you need to be on a government-supported wireless carrier.
- Your income should be below a certain threshold as per guidelines issued by the government.
- You need to qualify for one or multiple government assistance programs.
If you meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, you are good to apply for the free iPhone program to get your hands on one.
Once that is out of the way, you need to follow the steps mentioned:
- Always check and cross-check the eligibility criteria. The government might update or change the list of criteria from time to time.
- Find a specific government program that’s specializing in giving away free iPhones.
- You will have to follow all the instructions issued in the application form and ensure that you are providing the relevant documents for verification as well.
If you have come this far, the next question that must be plaguing your mind is “Which government programs are offering the free iPhone?” We discuss that next.
Which Programs are Accepting Applications for Free iPhones?
There are multiple government programs and aid that provides access to a free iPhone. But, due to the cost of an iPhone, it isn’t surprising that the scheme isn’t always available under all government programs.
So, if you are planning to get your hands on a brand-new iPhone from the government, there are a few schemes and programs you can check out.
- The most popular of them all is the Lifeline Assistance program, which offers free iPhones to eligible low-income households.
- Then you have the National School Lunch program under which the children from low-income families get access to a free or reduced-cost iPhone to help them stay up to date with their online education.
- If you qualify for certain government programs like food stamps and Medicaid, that’s another sign that you are eligible for the iPhone.
For better understanding and to check the active government programs, we’d recommend checking out the official website of the Public Utility Commission.
Is there an End Date for the Free iPhone Programs?
Although there isn’t specifically a limitation, we’d recommend that you check the available service providers and your eligibility and apply fast.
Since there are stipulations to every government assistance program, it won’t be surprising if they end up discontinuing the program soon.
No one in this world would deny a free iPhone. So, if this prospect excites you and you are eligible for availing of the free iPhone, we’d recommend that you go ahead and fill out the application on one of the respective service provider’s websites and wait to get approved. The iPhone is shipped directly to your doorstep.
1. Can I sell the free iPhone from the Government?
Yes, the iPhone is yours to use. If you don’t feel like using it, you can go forward and sell it without any questions.
2. Does one need to pay taxes on the government-issued iPhone?
No, there is no need to worry about paying any kind of taxes after receiving the government-issued iPhone. However, if you are receiving it under food stamps or Medicaid, you’d have to declare the iPhone as income.
3. Does the government also pay for data plans?
The government will only provide you with a free iPhone. It doesn’t come with a data plan as well. You’d have to pay for it out of pocket.
Life Lift Systems Net Worth 2023: Did the Deal Went Through?
Weather emergencies cause a great deal of harm, especially the demise of priceless souls. Wilson and Todd witnessed these calamities,...
Milk and Brookies Net Worth: Will Hybridity Tame The Sharks?
With Milk and Brookies, those who love both brownies and cookies can enjoy this innovative alternative. This organization focuses on...
Temporary Forever Bags Net Worth 2023: A Permanent Solution For Travellers
The company, Temporary Forever Bags got premiered on Dragons Den, one of the popular commercial shows in September 2017, episode...