How to Install Kodi on Firestick easily in few seconds (6 methods with screenshot): When online giant Amazon, introduced Firestick to the world, there were very few people who thought it would not work in this competitive world. However, it soon proved to be the best invention of Amazon. Today, Firestick and Fire TV are the most common and widely used streaming devices, across the world in different countries. For those of you who do not know about Firestick by Amazon, allow us to give you an elaborate detail of it.
What is an Amazon Firestick?
An amazon firestick is a digital media player developed by Amazon. It is also a micro-console for video games. It is a player with a small network appliance entertainment device and streams digital media like audio and video content in high definition format. The first-generation Fire TV stick was released back in 2014 and codenamed ‘Montoya’. It was an HDMI-port plug-in device, which replicates much of the functions of the larger Fire TV. Whereas, the second generation of the Fire TV Stick was released in 2016 and was codenamed ‘Tank’, with new updates like MediaTek MT8127D Quad core ARM 1.3 GHz processor with a Mali-450 MP4 GPU, along with a support for the H.265 (HEVC). In simpler words, an Amazon Fire TV Stick is a cut down version of the Amazon Fire TV and is presented as an HDMI plug-in stick.
Now, once you have the Firestick (Amazon Fire TV), the next step will involve installing the necessary applications for the device to stream various digital media content. The Firestick comes with official pre-installed applications like Silk Browser, Amazon Prime, Spotify, Firefox, Netflix, etc. In order to avail to the digital media via these applications, a user will need to subscribe to these channels (applications), which is not free. These official Firestick applications will require a particular amount of payment for the various kinds of packages they provide. Most of us prefer to stream free digital media content and having to pay for media that can come for free elsewhere does pinch. Which is why, there are options for us, applications that can be installed on the Amazon Firestick and streaming of digital media is free. Among the few of these applications that work on Firestick, the best and most effective application is Kodi.
If you do not know what Kodi is, let us give you a peek into the application.
- 1 How to Install Kodi on Firestick easily in few seconds (6 methods with screenshot)
- 1.1 METHOD 1: INSTALL KODI On FIRESTICK WITHOUT COMPUTER (USING DOWNLOADER APP)
- 1.2 METHOD 2: INSTALL KODI ON FIRESTICK USING FIREDL APP
- 1.3 Method 3: Installing KODI On FIRESTICK Using ES FILE EXPLORER APP
- 1.4 METHOD 4: INSTALL KODI ON FIRESTICK USING ANDROID MOBILE VIA APPS2FIRE
- 1.5 METHOD 5: INSTALL KODI ON FIRESTICK USING APPSTARTER
- 1.6 METHOD 6: HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON FIRESTICK USING WINDOWS COMPUTER VIA ADBLINK
How to Install Kodi on Firestick easily in few seconds (6 methods with screenshot)
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application. It was developed by the XMBC Foundation and is available for Android, Windows, and iOS. The software is available in 12 languages and 75 different translations. Kodi is a media player software and a digital media player which also acts as a digital video recorder. Kodi allows users to stream digital media such as podcasts, video, music, etc. A user can also stream videos from the internet. Users can stream digital media via online services such as Amazon Prime Instant Video, Pandora Internet Radio, Spotify, Rhapsody, YouTube, and Crackle, to be precise.
Now that it is clear about what an Amazon Firestick and Kodi is, let us move further on how to install Kodi on the Firestick in a few moments time. There are six simple methods you can avail to.
METHOD 1: INSTALL KODI On FIRESTICK WITHOUT COMPUTER (USING DOWNLOADER APP)
- Go to Firestick search option and enter ‘Downloader’. You can also pronounce it and it will show the Downloader app in the search result.
- Click on ‘Downloader’ and check the information.
- Click on the ‘Get’ option.
- A page will open where you need to enter the following address in the URL section: https://kodiforu.com/fireapk/
- Click on the ‘Go’ option and the download process then begins to download the Kodi apk file.
- Once downloaded, select the ‘Install Kodi’. It will take a moment to launch the application.
- Lastly, select ‘Open’ to launch Kodi.
These steps are to be followed to install Kodi on Firestick without using the computer.
METHOD 2: INSTALL KODI ON FIRESTICK USING FIREDL APP
- Go to Firestick search option and enter ‘Firedl’. You can also pronounce it and it will show the Firedl app which is also available in the Amazon app store.
- Next, select ‘Firedl’ under the Apps & Games section.
- Once the page for the app opens, click on the ‘Download’ option.
- Once the download is completed, click on the ‘Install’ option and wait for it to load.
- When it is set, click on ‘Open’
- Enter the URL: https://kodiforu.com/fireapk/
- Select ‘Download’ and the download process begins
- Once the download is complete, install the page by selecting ’Install’ and the installation is complete.
Method 3: Installing KODI On FIRESTICK Using ES FILE EXPLORER APP
- Go to the search tab and enter ‘ES File Explorer’
- Next, select the ‘ES File Explorer’ icon that appears under the Apps & Games
- Click on ‘Get’ to download and then select ‘Install’ after a download is complete.
- After the installation clicks ‘Open’, you will find various tools.
- You can find various tools here.
- Using your remote, move to the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Download manager’
- Navigate and click on ‘New’ option
- A pop-up menu appears, enter the Path and Name it.
- Next, enter the URL https://bit.ly/fireapkdl and select ‘Next’
- Give it a name and then click ‘Download Now’. It will take a few moments to download, once done, select ‘Open File’
- Click on ‘Install’ and complete the process.
These steps are required for installing Kodi on Firestick using ES File Explorer.
METHOD 4: INSTALL KODI ON FIRESTICK USING ANDROID MOBILE VIA APPS2FIRE
- On Android device open ‘Play Store’ and search ‘Apps2Fire’
- Click on the application and install it.
- Next, connect the app to Firestick. Select the Setup tab and enter IP address of Fire TV.
Firestick’s Settings > Device > About > Network
- Next, select ‘Local Apps’ on Android device and choose Kodi
- Click on ‘Install’ option. It will upload the Kodi apk to Firestick and install it.
Install other Android apps on Firestick.
- After this, Kodi will be available on Firestick.
METHOD 5: INSTALL KODI ON FIRESTICK USING APPSTARTER
- Open ‘Downloader’ app on Firestick (similar steps like method 1)
- Enter the URL path: https://kodiforu.com/as/ and select ‘Download’
- After download, click on ‘Install’ option.
- The application will be available on the page.
- Select ‘Install’ option from the Updates section. Kodi will be downloaded and installed.
- Check for Update if any.
- This method works for Appstarter.
METHOD 6: HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON FIRESTICK USING WINDOWS COMPUTER VIA ADBLINK
- Download ‘Adblink exe file’ and ‘Kodi APK file’ on Windows PC.
- Run the application.
- Complete the installation process and launch ADBlink software
- Open it and click on ‘New’ option
- Enter description with a name and enter the IP address of the Firestick
Settings > Device > About > Network
- Click on ‘Connect’ to sync to Windows PC with Firestick (the connection will be established)
- Next, install the Kodi apk on Firestick (select ‘Install apk’ option in ADBlink software)
- Select ‘Kodi apk’. The apk will be transferred to Firestick and will be installed.
- Once done, it is ready to use
These are the six possible ways a user can install Kodi on Firestick. Use whichever method is suitable for you and get Kodi on Firestick with these easy steps. It takes less than two minutes and is effective.