Anthony Pompliano is an American entrepreneur, investor and cryptocurrency expert with a net worth of $200 million. In recent times, Pompliano has revealed 80% of his wealth is in Bitcoin. The remaining 20% is held in real estate, start-up investments and cash.
He runs a venture capital fund “Pomp Investments” and has invested over $100 million into early stage tech startups. Including multiple seed investments that are now valued at over $1 billion. A large proportion of the funds are in crypto-related businesses such as Coinbase and BlockFi, meaning his risk exposure to the space is above 80%.
Pompliano graduated from Bucknell University with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Sociology. After graduation he served as a Sergeant in the Army for six and a half years and was deployed as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Upon leaving the army, he worked for two large tech companies – Snapchat and Facebook. He worked as a product manager at Facebook for 18 months but left in 2015 and moved to Snapchat.
His stint at Snapchat lasted only three weeks before getting fired. Pomp alleged in a lawsuit that he was fired for raising concerns to management about the platform’s misleading growth metrics. He believed the company was trying to deceive investors with phoney metrics to build hype before going public. Snapchat countered claiming Pompliano was fired for poor performance, a federal judge later halted the lawsuit.
In July 2016, he co-founded Full Tilt Capital with Jason Williams, an early stage venture capital firm. The firm invested into Reddit, Lyft, Imperfect Produce, Everlywell and Brigit, among others. In early 2018, Full Tilt Capital was acquired by Morgan Creek Capital Management, a multi-billion dollar asset manager.
He ran Morgan Creek Digital Assets for two and a half years before leaving in September 2020. He currently runs Pomp Investments and acts as a solo-capitalist seeking huge returns.
As everyone knows, Pomp is a big believer in blockchain technology, specifically Bitcoin. He predicts BTC will reach $500,000 by the end of the decade and could eventually hit $1 million per coin. The prediction seems ambitious but is possible if the insane money printing continues and blue chip companies keep adding BTC to their balance sheets. If Bitcoin becomes the world’s reserve currency, there’s no guessing how high the price will go!
What is Tether – is it a Ticking Time Bomb for Bitcoin?
Tether (USDT) is a stablecoin pegged to a fiat Dollar, meaning it’s unaffected by wild price swings of cryptocurrencies. The...
Charles Hoskinson Net Worth 2021: Cardano Founder and Ethereum Co-founder
In his professional career, Charles Hoskinson has made a name for himself in the cryptocurrency industry. He has been a...
Joseph Barnett: a Compelling Jack the Ripper Suspect
Although suspects such as Charles Lechmere stayed out of the spotlight, Joseph Barnett definitely attracted attention from the police. Barnett...